Today's card is made using Anna Griffin's new Flower Bramble die. Isn't this die gorgeous? These dies cut and emboss beautifully.
I am showing 3 examples of this new die to show you how beautiful it is. (See the other 2 below)
This is a 5x7 card that was cut out of pink card stock. Next the Spellbinder Fancy Lattice was cut out of white card stock.
I love the look of torn paper, so the DP paper was misted very lightly with water and then torn. A piece of tulle was colored with Picked Raspberry, dried and added behind it for additional texture then glued at the top. Six layers of Crepe Paper were cut using the Poinsettia Strip and tinted with Picked Raspberry Reinker. The stamen ends were touched with glue and dipped into Susan's Cockburn's yellow pollen. The leaves are a Cheery Lynn die. I tried adding green leaves but it just took away from the design. After cutting the die, the flowers were colored with the Panpastels (I love this stuff as it is so, so easy to easy to use.) I have ordered some fixative to spray over it to keep the chalk from rubbing off and fading.
The Anna Griffin die was cut almost in half and two of the flowers were added to the crepe paper flower. All of the flowers were conditioned using the Tool Kit and then several were popped upped.
The Fanciful Flourish was cut apart and added to finished out the lines.
Products used on the top card are:
Flower Bramble - 2002209 - Anna Griffin
Fancy Lattice die - S5152 - Spellbinders
Build a Flower #1 Petals & Leaves - B181B - Cheery Lynn
Fanciful Flourish - B117 - Cheery Lynn
Poinsettia Strip - B324 - Cheery Lynn
Crafters Pick Glue
Picked Raspberry Reinker
You can make 3 cards this week
Below is what you need to do for this week's challenge
- Use Pink and White only
- Use flowers - any kind. Can even be in paper.
- Something curvy - such as a flourish or vines
- You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.atjoansgardens.com
You will have until next Thursday, October 24 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #42 the winner of the challenge will be announced Friday, October25.
This week's winner will receive a Anna Griffin Embossing Folder. The winner will also be entered in the 2013 end of the year $100 gift
Below are the guidelines:
1 You must have a blog or post to the SCS gallery.
2. Post your challenge card to your blog.
3. Or if you are posting to the SCS gallery, you will need to use a special code to tag your card to the challenge. This week's code is joansgardens, JG1017 and needs to be posted with the challenge. Please enter both on the same line with a comma between as I have shown.
4. Link your card/project to the Blue Inlinkz icon listed at the bottom of the challenge.