Please click on the picture for a better view.
Do you remember a couple weeks ago, I transferred a picture of a little girl onto canvas? Nellie and Marianne has introduced lots of new Vintage Prints of beautiful images ($1.00 each) that I dearly love. These sheets are like magazine pages which I wouldn't want to put on my card. So, I have been thinking for several days what I could do with them to make them look nicer and more usable on a card. I spent several hours trying different things, but I finally "got it" and I am so excited as I think this will allow us a whole new venture in our card making and scrapbooking.
Below are the steps I used to transfer the bottom right picture on to cardstock:
1. Cut out the picture
2. Cut out the same size from Elizabeth Craft Transfer Sheet
3. Lay this on top and burnish it with your finger.
4. Spritz water onto the back of the Vintage image. Let it soak a bit and then start carefully rubbing with your finger to remove the paper. Be very careful not to dig into the picture. Make sure all the paper is remove before moving to the next step.
5. Lay the picture down onto cardstock and burnish. Make sure it is totally adhered to the card stock before removing the transfer sheet. Cut the card stock larger than the picture so it can be cut with a die.
6. Cut with a decorative die that is the shape you want for the card.
I haven't tried it yet with a magazine print, but I think that might work too. Lots of possibilities.
Have any of you done this or seen it. I haven't, but I don't get to look at lots of web sites. Please let me know what you think by leaving a comment.
Products I used on this card:
Transfer Sheets - Elizabeth Craft - EC600
Victorian Romance Flourish - DL151 - Cheery Lynn
Floral Flourish #1 - 6002/0156 - Joy Die
Floral Flourish #4 - 60020159 - Joy Die
Flourish Branch #2 - 60020264 - Joy Die
Floral Branch #1 - 60020263 - Joy Die
Build A Flower #1 - B181 - Cheery Lynn
Garden Branch - LR0151 - Marianne
Flower and Leaves - LR0156 - Marianne
Decorative Elegance - LR0157 - Marianne
Labels 8 - S5-119 - Spellbinders
Floral Frenzy Embossing Folder - EF6 FLOR - Crafters Companion
Brown Pollen for centers of flowers
Susan Cockburn tool kit
Best Glue Ever, Crafters Pic Glue, Glue Glider
You can make 3 cards this week
Below is what you need to do for this week's challenge
- Use a picture
- Neutral Colors
- Add a Flourish
- You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.atjoansgardens.com
You will have until next Thursday, September 26th morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #38 the winner of the challenge will be announced Friday, September 27.
This week's winner will receive a Memory Box Die. The winner will also be entered in the 2013 end of the year $100 gift
Below are the guidelines:
1 You must have a blog or post to the SCS gallery.
2. Post your challenge card to your blog.
3. Or if you are posting to the SCS gallery, you will need to use a special code to tag your card to the challenge. This week's code is joansgardens, JG0912 and needs to be posted with the challenge. Please enter both on the same line with a comma between as I have shown.
4. Link your card/project to the Blue Inlinkz icon listed at the bottom of the challenge.