Click on pictures for larger view
I did something fun on this card! I wanted something under the pumpkins and I tried to think what would be good. We were having fresh sweet corn for supper so as I was "silking it" it dawned on me that this would be a perfect base for the pumpkins. I colored it with distressed ink to darken it and tucked it under the pumpkins. What do you think????
I love gingham and I have this cool stamp from Impression Obsession that I used
to make this background. It was so easy too. I simply put distressed ink on the stamp using my brayer and then I laid the paper on top of the stamp. No need to buy lots of pattern paper when you can stamp it in any color! So fun!
After the stamped image dried, I cut it out using the new Stacker Frames by Cheery Lynn.
Then I popped up the inside and then doubled the tape to pop up the out side edge for dimension.
It doesn't show up the best in the picture, but it really makes it look like it is framing the inside.
I used Tim Holtz Water Brush and distressed inks to color the pumpkins, and the tree, leaves and butterflies were inked with Wendy's new Archival inks which I love. The dark brown is the best I have found.
I embossed the solid green card stock with 6x6 Floral Frenzy Embossing Folder for added texture.
Gotta love those 6x6 and 8x8 embossing folders.
Products I used:
HFC 3484 Pumpkin Harvest Stamp (Cut out with scissors) - Heartfelt Creations
98130 - Butterfly Vine - Memory Box
DIE066-C Leaves - Impression Obsession
DIE006-V Tree - Impression Obsession
H8373 Solid Tree Stamp - Impression Obsession
DL253 - Stacker Frames - Cheery Lynn
AA1152 - Hi Stamp - Impression Obsession
EF6 FLOR - Floral Frenzy Embossing Folder - Crafters Companion
Distressed Inks- Peeled Paint and Ripe Persimmon
Tim Holtz Water Brush - Detailer Brush Nib
Potting Soil - Archival Ink - Wendy Vecchi
Tool Kit - Susan Cockburn
So, the challenge for this week is the following:
You can make 3 cards this week
- Use gingham, checks or plaids
- Colors - Green, white and brown
- Something fallish...pumpkins, scarecrows, leaves etc
- You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.atjoansgardens.com
You will have until next Thursday, September 5 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #35 the winner of the challenge will be announced Friday, September 6. This week's winner will receive a Embossing Folder. The winner will also be entered in the 2013 end of the year $100 gift
Below are the guidelines:
1 You must have a blog or post to the SCS gallery.
2. Post your challenge card to your blog.
3. Or if you are posting to the SCS gallery, you will need to use a special code to tag your card to the challenge. This week's code is joansgardens, JG0829 and needs to be posted with the challenge. Please enter both on the same line with a comma between as I have shown.
4. Link your card/project to the Blue Inlinkz icon listed at the bottom of the challenge.