Click on the Picture to get a larger view.
Have you started your Christmas Cards yet? This is my first one, but it was so much fun to make that I might make several just like it. Selma has a beautiful card that she posted yesterday. Be sure to take a look at it. You can see it here! Our cards are nothing alike, but each one has a bit of nature in it and that is what our challenge is all about this week.
A technique I learned at CHA last year was to apply the Distressed Ink and lightly spritz it with water . Then take a rough towel and tap over the wet ink. This gives a sky a very natural look.
Products I used to make this card.
Holly Corner by Cheery Lynn - B184
Tree Stamp by Impression Obsession D1293
Pine Sprig Die by Impression Obsession - DIE021-N
Leaping Deer by Memory Box - 98390
Slight Alterations Stamp - Tim Holtz CMS-060 (texture on card stock)
Holly Branch by Marianne - LR0244
Distressed ink - Ranger Stormy Sky
Twigs from a Tree and the Bell was attached to a card I received
So, the challenge for this week is the following:
You can make 3 cards this week
- Something from nature
- Colors - Red and Green
- Cut out center and stamp a design
- Create a Christmas Card
- You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.atjoansgardens.com
You will have until next Thursday, August 29 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #34 the winner of the challenge will be announced Friday, August 30. This week's winner will receive a Cheery Lynn Die. The winner will also be entered in the 2013 end of the year $100 gift
Below are the guidelines:
1 You must have a blog or post to the SCS gallery.
2. Post your challenge card to your blog.
3. Or if you are posting to the SCS gallery, you will need to use a special code to tag your card to the challenge. This week's code is joansgardens, JG0822 and needs to be posted with the challenge. Please enter both on the same line with a comma between as I have shown.
4. Link your card/project to the Blue Inlinkz icon listed at the bottom of the challenge.