Click on picture to get a larger view
As I told you when I posted a picture of my frame on Monday, I had a card that I made when Cathy was here that we would be using for the challenge.
I spent a large part of the day working on it and I want to tell you why.
I fell in love with Mihaela's card that you can see here! Her work is absolutely stunning.
My flowers look nothing like hers as I used vellum and she didn't, but I still liked the
look. I am going to continuing trying to perfect them. Mihaela also made her rose buds and I had some in a drawer, so I didn't even attempt to try and make those yet.
I spritz the vellum until slightly damp and then used my embosser pen to make them curl some.
I used distress ink to color white tulle and put it over the paper as I loved the texture that Mihaela used.
Products I used to make this card.
Mesh Border - B254 Cheery Lynn
LR0133 Die - Flowers - Marianne
CR1204 - Flowers - Marianne
HFC Sunburst paper 235 - Heartfelt Creation
Curl Frame Template - Crafters Workshop
Distressed ink - Ranger
So, the challenge for this week is the following:
You can make 2 cards this week
- 3 flowers out of vellum (or you can use flowers you purchased)
- Colors - Golden Yellow and Violet
- Mesh or tulle
- Stencil on paper (if possible)
- You must use a product sold at Joan's Gardens. Also, mention that you are doing the card/project for Joan's Gardens Challenge. It would be nice if you would add this link to your post: www.atjoansgardens.com
You will have until next Thursday, August 22 morning 6:00 AM EST to link your project.
A winner will be chosen from a random drawing for week #33 the winner of the challenge will be announced Friday, August 23. This week's winner will receive a Marianne die. The winner will also be entered in the 2013 end of the year $100 gift
Below are the guidelines:
1 You must have a blog or post to the SCS gallery.
2. Post your challenge card to your blog.
3. Or if you are posting to the SCS gallery, you will need to use a special code to tag your card to the challenge. This week's code is joansgardens, JG0815 and needs to be posted with the challenge. Please enter both on the same line with a comma between as I have shown.
4. Link your card/project to the Blue Inlinkz icon listed at the bottom of the challenge.