Wednesday, October 15, 2008
I have been tagged!
Joan at 12 dressed for church.
I have been tagged by several people the last few weeks and since I don't have a card ready to post, I thought today would be a good day to play the tag game. I am to post things you might not know about me, so here goes:
1. I grew up in a small town of about 80 people if everyone had company.
2. My Dad and Mom owned a grocery store and our house was connected to it. Mom at 94 has a quilt shop in there now.
3. I was in the Party Plan business for over 20 years. I sold accessories for walls and jewelry.
4. We adopted our daughter. What a joy she and her family have been to us.
5. I love trying new things which include starting new businesses.
5. When I was about 9, we had a revival at our church. The evangelist had a contest to see who could invite the most people. I invited everyone in our small town and Mom drove me around the country side. The night of the contest, I had 136 people stand up as my guests. I still have the plaque that I won. Our church was full with standing room only and I was thrilled. I hope that Evangelist touched other lives as he did mine. I was baptized not long afterwards.
6. Jon and I were married at a motorcycle convention. We laugh that we had over 600 at our wedding and it didn't cost anything, but we didn't receive any gifts either.
7. I am addicted to card making. And I am thrilled at all the wonderful new friends I am making.
Posted by Joan Fricker at 6:21 AM